South Platte River

Headed back to the South Platte hoping to have a day like the last.  I get to the river around 9:30 and decide to walk to the bottom of the area before fishing.  I start fishing around 10:15 and fish my way back to the car over the next 6 hours.  The fishing was slow all day forcing me to change flies and run a hopper double dropper rig.  I did manage to catch 10 fish on 4 different patterns but nothing of size.  I did have two opportunities but one was on and off and the other I hooked but the tip section of the rod broke free of the rod and I lost the section, line, three flies and the fish.  The day was beautiful and I got to fish all day!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 11'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant, Caddis Nymph, Pheasant Tail, zebra midge 

Comments

Popular Posts