South Platte River

Headed back to the South Platte for the day hoping to get into some bigger fish.  The weather was in the 70's with a bit of wind, but sunny all day.  I get to the river around 10am and am the only car in the parking lot.  I decide to fish upstream from the car hoping to avoid being high holed.  I fish for a couple hours with zero action even with changing flies a dozen times.  I finally get a little brown to take the pheasant tail for the first and only fish on the Platte.  I take a break and decide to finish the day on some nearby beaver ponds on a little creek.  The fishing is a little better but not much.  I land a brookie and a brown on the amy's ant and call it a day around 3pm.  Good three fish day!





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 11'
Flies that Worked:  Pheasant Tail Nymph, Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts