South Platte River

Headed back to the South Platte for a half day of fishing.  I get to the river around 8:30am with perfect conditions o the water and weather.  I start at my spot but can't seem to get into a fish until I turn the corner and the action starts to pick up.  My first fish is my best fish of the day, landing a nice 15" brown.  I finish the first spot with five to hand and a couple on and off.  I drive to my second spot but there is a couple of guys in the area so I decide to move down to the confluence with the North Fork.  Luckily their was nobody there and I got to fish the whole stretch.  I land one down low and have another on and off before moving up to the main run and pool.  I start killing it, catching 8 fish and hooking into another 6 before calling it a day.  Another great day on the water!





Comments

Popular Posts