Boulder Creek and six fish

Headed up to Boulder Creek for a few hours on my second effort out of the hospital to try my luck on a creek I have not fished very much this year.  I tried a spot down low in the canyon to start but only got one sniff from a fish and no takers so I moved upstream just past Boulder Falls.  This section was a series of plunge pools that went on for a few hundred yards.  I cast through a few pools with no luck before I finally hook into a little brown in a calm pool.  I manage to catch four out of this pool before moving on upstream.  The rest of the day was slow and only managed to catch two more fish before calling it a day and heading back to the car.  Still not a bad day of fishing with six caught in the couple hours of fishing I did!


Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts