Five Hours and Forty Fish

Today was a day of two spots on Clear Creek.  The first was by Empire where I have fished a number of times before.  I tie on a parachute adams and walk downstream to my starting point with low clear water.  My first two spots give up nothing much to my surprise so I start working my way upstream.  Three's a charm and I get my first little brown trout of the day.  With the ice broke I start landing fish on a pretty regular basis and before I know it I have caught twenty fish by the time I reach the top of this area.  I decide to take a little break and drive downstream a ways to a new spot.


The new spot consists of a bunch of plunge pools on a fairly straight section of the creek.  Using the same fly I start casting through all the fishy spots.  Just as before it takes a couple holes before I land a fish, but then it was on.  Working my way upstream over the next couple hours I land another twenty browns before calling it a day. 

Another great day of fishing using a single dry fly and not another angler in sight!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts