Cache La poudre River with sum friends

Headed up to the Cache La Poudre River today with Mark, Paul and Derron to try our luck on dries.  We start at a spot we are all familiar with and Derron and I head downstream while Mark and Paul head upstream.  Derron and I work ourselves around a couple Islands catching a couple fish each before we start fishing back upstream.  I decide to tie on a big Green Drake after not having much luck with the Amy's Ant.  First four casts and I have landed two fish and feeling pretty good about my change.  I continue working the water between the islands and manage to catch another four fish by the time I get to the top.  I take a little break and then try to find Mark and Paul, who have also been having a slow day with just a couple fish each.
We decide to drive downstream a ways and try a new spot, hoping to have a little better luck.  Unfortunately I was the only one catching any fish with consistency but at least someone was.  We fish this area for a while when I see the other guys have called it a day and are ready to go.  As for me I had a good day catching 16 fish( more than the others combined) and start working my way back to the car.

Great day of fishing with my buddies and brother and finished the day stopping off at the Pickle Barrel for an old Fort Collins tradition.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Green Drake

Comments

  1. You are lucky to have the opportunity to fish for trout in fall. That's probably the best part of the year for fishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your right. Out here in Colorado I have the opportunity to fish for trout year around because the tailwaters below our dams never freeze!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts