Beautiful day on Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek on what turned out to be a beautiful fall day.  With the weather in the 70's and a touch of wind I was hoping the dry fly action would still be on.  I start the day tying on a BWO and start casting through the slack water areas but am getting no action.  I finally tie on a black beauty under the bwo and almost immediately get a fish on the black beauty.  I continue working upstream with the dry/dropper set up and manage to catch a couple more on the black beauty and surprisingly I get a nice size brown to take the bwo.  After a couple hours my body is a little sore for the recent surgery I had and I call it a day.  Great to get on the water and catch some fish on a beautiful Colorado fall day!



Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies That Worked:  BWO, Black Beauty

Comments

Popular Posts