Fantastic day on Clear Creek

Today I headed back up high on Clear Creek to start the day and then work myself downstream throughout the day.  So I tie on a Extended body bwo to start and five on that before switching over to the Amy's Ant.  I catch another half dozen at the first spot before picking up and heading downstream to the next.
Next spot I try is just above Idaho Springs and manage to catch ten here before I move downstream to a spot I have fished once before.  For the first time I actually see a Grasshopper( It landed on my windshiel as I drove up), and think this is a good sign.  Sadly at the third spot I only got a couple bites but nothing to hand, so I decide to head downstream a little further to finish the day.

Forth spot was an old favorite and has been producing fish very regularly.  Today was no exception and managed to catch another eleven here bringing the total for the day over thirty.  Maybe the best day of fishing I have had on Clear Creek.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies that Worked:  Extended Body BWO, Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts