Another day on Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the day before Easter dinner with the family.  I started the day at a spot below Dumont and finished at a spot above Idaho Springs.  The weather was nice but a little breezy and the water was low and clear.  Once again I tie on a extended body bwo for the day.
First stop and I walk to the creek and start fishing my way upstream.  I am getting good action along the edges and the slack water spots to start.  After working my way upstream a ways I have managed to catch seven little browns and have a few more that got off.  After a little break I decide to try a different spot to finish off the day.

Second stop and I have about an hour to kill before I have to head back.  Same as before, the edges are where the action is and I manage to catch three more before calling it a day and heading back to town for dinner.

Great day on the water before a great dinner with family!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Extended Body BWO

Comments

Popular Posts