Fishing with a buddy

Headed up to Clear Creek with Mark for the day after telling him I had been having great days of fishing the creek.  We start at a spot up high that I have been fishing and having good luck.  Mark takes the near side and I take the far side.  Right off the bat I am into fish while Mark takes a few spots but then gets into a couple.  By the time we finish at the first spot the wind has kicked up considerably so we head down into the canyon hoping the wind isn't so bad.
Second spot we try is tunnel six and thankfully the wind is not as bad here.  Once again Mark fishes the near side while I fish the far side.  I catch a fish at the first few spots I try and continue to have good luck as I work upstream.  By the time I catch back up to Mark I have caught a dozen fish while mark has caught half that.  We stop around 3pm so Mark can get to work that night but have had a great day on the water, Mark catching eight and I finished with over twenty.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly That Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts