A good day in Rocky Mountain N.P.

Had a beautiful day to fish so I decided to head up to Rocky Mountain N.P. for the day.  The plan was to fish Roaring River all day and maybe finish at Moraine Park, but that changed when I hiked up to Roaring River only to find it blown out and almost totally white water.  I hiked back down and tried a spot on Fall River but did not have any luck in the high water.  My next move was over to Moraine Park with the hope that Cub Creek was fishable.
I get to Moraine Park only to find the water running high here as well.  Luckily I had a few feet of visibility in the water and tied on black beetle.  Within a half hour I had three to hand and another couple that got off.  The rest of the day I worked myself upstream switching between the Beetle, Amy's Ant and Green Drake landing a dozen or so fish in the process. 
I finish the day around 5pm and head back to the car with another great day in the books.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies That Worked:  Black Beetle, Amy's Ant, Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts