Rocky Mountain N.P. day 2

Mark and I decided to head back to East Inlet Creek for the day but this time we would go up higher and try out the second meadow.  The weather was perfect and the hike was fairly easy for a three mile hike.  I tied on an Amy's Ant to start the day hoping the trout would be hungry. 
I start at the bottom of the meadow and first cast out I get a bite while twitching the fly back to the bank.  I work myself upstream and manage to hook into another little brookie before walking upstream a ways.  Mark and I come across a section of river with a couple of horseshoe bends to finish off the day.  Thankfully we both caught fish at the last spot to end the day with three fish each. 

We call it a day as the clouds move in and head back to the car with a beautiful day in the books and a good day of fishing complete.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  Any's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts