Couple different spots on Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the third day in a row hoping to have the same good luck I have been experiencing.  I had another beautiful day to fish and decided to try a couple spots I have not fished in a while.  The first spot was down low in the canyon and the second was above tunnel 3.
The first spot is an old favorite but tends to get fished more than some.  I walk downstream a ways and before I get to the water I see a big hawk sitting on a rock just in front of me.  I take a few pictures and then make my way to the creek and start working my way up.  I manage to catch eight before some d%^k walks in on me and starts fishing just above me.  I walk through the holes just above him and decide to try the second spot.

I try a pullout above tunnel 3 and fish my way up for a few hours before I call it.  This section was a little slower fishing but still managed to pull in fifteen before it was all said and done.  The two patterns that worked all day were a caddis and a bwo.
Great day on Clear Creek again!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Level Line 12'
Flies That Worked:  Caddis, BWO

Comments

Popular Posts