Good day on the Poudre

Headed up to the Cache La Poudre River for the day with Mark on what turned out to be a beautiful day.  It had rained the previous two days bringing the flows up from 50cfs to 100cfs but the clarity remained crystal clear.  Over the coarse of the day we try four different spots starting at the wild trout section and working ourselves down canyon from there.  The first spot I got a couple on a extended body bwo after a couple hours of effort.  Spot number two gave me six more but all on a black pmx.  The third stop I fished some new water and got six more on the pmx before moving to the last stop where I got shut out.  The day seemed to be a tough fishing day but when I look back I managed to pick up fourteen fish, which is one of the better days I have had on the Poudre.  Great to get out and do a little fishing with Mark again.


Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Level Line 12'
Flies that Worked:  Extended Body BWO, Black PMX

Comments

Popular Posts