Upper Big Thompson River

Headed up to Rocky Mountain N.P. with my nephew Alex to try a little fishing on the upper Big T. for the day.  We had a nice sunny day but the wind must have been over 20mph making for some tough casting conditions.  With Moraine Park being busy we decide to fish up the canyon hoping to avoid the crowds and the worst of the wind.  We work ourselves upstream for a few hours with plenty of bites but no fish to hand before we take a lunch break and head back to moraine park.

We fish Moraine Park to finish the day but sadly only one fish was caught.  I manage to land a three inch brown to shake off the skunk but I just can't get Alex on a fish.  Despite the tough fishing I had a great day fishing with my nephew!
Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Level Line 10'
Fly that Worked:  Elk Hair Caddis(not really though)

Comments

Popular Posts