Clear Creek on a windy day

Headed up to one of my favorite spots on Clear Creek with Mark to see if we could finally have really good fishing day.  We start off with Mark in front and he gets a couple nibbles right away but no takers.  I try a piece of pocket water and get a little brown to start the day off.  As we work our way upstream, Mark takes the near side and I take the far side.  I am catching fish at a pretty good rate until my rod tip snaps and I have to head back to the car to get my other rod.  I get back to the stream and Mark has started catching fish all over.  We work ourselves to the top of the area with close to thirty fish between the two of us before picking up and heading to the next stop.

Stop number two was a stretch that didn't have anyone on it when we started but got high holed as we fished.  Despite that we both caught some fish before running out of water.  We pick up one last time and try a section of water I have never fished before.  This section has easy access and may have been fished already, but we still catch a couple fish each to finish the day off right.
Finally got a good day of fishing(even with the broken rod) with fifty plus fish between us, on what turned out to be a very windy day.
Rod:  Iwana 12' and Yamme 11'
Line:  Furled 12' and level 10'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts