Clear Creek once more

Headed up to Clear Creek for a few hours on Friday but sadly ran into a very busy creek.  First spot I try is not giving up anything and then after about fifteen minutes, someone high holes me.  I pick up and head to a new spot hoping for better luck.  I pick up a fish here and there but the hook up rate is less than I would like.  I end up getting a lot of takes but not a lot of hook ups and finish the day with just ten fish caught.  Still nice to get out and do some fishing.


Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Level Line 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Kevin you show the beauty of Clear Creek. I think next year I'm going to invite myself on one of your trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having been introduced to Clear Creek by Howard just after the Broncos punished the Panthers again, I think I understand the crowding you're talking about.

    "Only ten" caught, huh? Maybe I could be tempted into Tenkara after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, when I first started fishing Clear Creek, ten fish would have been outstanding. Now if I don't catch 20 or more it's been a tough day. Tenkara and Dries!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts