Halfmoon Creek day 2

After camping the night before I decide to fish Halfmoon Creek up from my campsite again.  Before I start the day I see three guys fishing the stretch of water just above me.  I give them a little time and I see them start heading downstream before I start my day. 

I don't get any action for the first half hour of the day as I fish over where the other guys were.  Once I clear the area that they fished I start picking up fish on a regular basis.  Over the coarse of six hours I make my way further upstream than I have ever fished and catch over fifty fish.  I finish around 6pm and start my walk back to camp as a thunderstorm rolls over and it starts to rain.  Decision made.  I'm heading home instead of camping one more night.
Good day of fishing and got to see some new water.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts