3rd day on the Platte

Headed back to the South Platte River again but this time I decided to try some new water.  I pick a spot that looks like it has a lot of structure and start working my way upstream.  I have a Amy's Ant followed by a bwo for the day considering the low flows(48cfs) and clear water.  Third cast in I hit a far side eddy and hook into a nice 16" Rainbow to start the day off right.  I work upstream and once again hook into a great fish.  After some running and fighting I finally get in a nice 18" Rainbow to eclipse the first fish's size.  I continue to get action and land a couple more by the time I finish this stretch of water.  Spot number two is another new area for me, but like the first, gives up a fish from the first spot I try.  Once again I continue to get action and fish, landing six more and having three more on that got off.  I call it after five and a half hours and head home.  Great day on the Platte!

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant, BWO

Comments

Popular Posts