South Platte River

Went down to the South Platte River below deckers to see if I could catch some fish on a river that hates me.  The weather was cloudy to start then the sun poked out for a little bit and then the thunder clouds rolled in.  The river was low and clear with the fish being very spooky.  I hook into a fish that gets off to start the day and then another really nice one breaks my knot on the zebra midge.  Third fish I hook into I manage to land.  A very nice 15" brown trout!  I continue fishing and get two more really good fish and one smaller one.  I stop around 2pm when the thunder and lightning start up.  One of my better days on this river!
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant(red), Zebra Midge(black)

Comments

Popular Posts