South Platte River again

Trying to learn this river after years of hating it.  I head back to the section I caught fish at last time to start the day.  I tie on the same rig as before but get no action at any of the spots I saw fish last time.  I decide to try a different area and manage to hook one but it gets off after a few seconds.  I finally get a fish when I cast within a inch of the undercut edge and get a nice 16" brown for my first fish.  That's all area number two gave up and I moved on to a third spot.  Spot number three gives up a small rainbow and a nice brown that squirms loose at my feet.  Both fish hit a parachute adams I tied on after watching fish deny my previous setup.  I call it a day when a couple other fisherman decide to fish next to me.  Getting better at this river.
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Flies that worked:  Caddis, Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts