Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the day with the return of the warm weather.  I get to the creek around 12:30 and fish at the first pullout that doesn't have a car.  First cast and I have a little rainbow on.  The action is pretty consistent and I catch a dozen fish in the first hour.  Second and third hours are more of the same and I probably got close to thirty by the time I finish this section.  After a little break I drive up canyon to a spot where I can get bigger fish.  I end up spending about 2 1/2 hours here catching around ten with one around 15".  The theme of just missing fish also continued, as I miss set four big rainbows that I was sure had taken the fly.  I call it day around 6:30 and head home with a good day of fishing in the books.
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts