Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the day to see if a couple different spots were fishing well.  I start high in the canyon at a spot I have fished many times.  The action is slow but I do manage to land around ten.  I seem to be getting a lot of sniffs but not to many takers.  For the second part of the day I try a brand new spot for me.  First hole I try I land a 15" rainbow!  Holy crap!  I didn't no this creek had fish that big.  I continue upstream and every few holes land another 15" rainbow.  I can't believe I found a section with giants!  I end up catching close to ten of these big boys with another 4 that got off.  One of the better days of fishing!
 
 
 

Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Tenkara Pyrenees Woven 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts