Clear Creek

Headed back up to Clear Creek for the day hoping to repeat the success of the last time.  I start the day at the same area with the same setup as last time.  Sadly I could not hook a single fish even though I fished up a few hundred yards more than the previous time.  I head to a second area a little further downstream hoping to change my luck.  Thankfully I get a couple little browns to take the Amy's Ant and one to take a little emerger.  There were plenty of fish to be seen but only a select few would go for anything I was throwing.  I head down the canyon for the third and final spot.  This area had a lot more ice shelf than the previous two spots but enough open water to fish.  Somehow I manage to trick one into taking the Amy's Ant but that was the only action I saw.  I call it day when I get to the top of the section and head home.  The tough fishing this year continues.



Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Wind Cutting Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Amy's Ant, Emerger

Comments

Popular Posts