Clear Creek

Once again Clear Creek was the destination for the day.  I start the day at the same spot with the same setup as last time.  Thankfully this time I caught some fish and had quite a bit more action.  By the time I get to the top of the first section I have caught seven fish and just missed at least that many.  My second spot is further downstream but had the same conditions as up higher.  Still a lot of shelf ice on the shady side of the canyon but plenty of open water to fish.  I get through the second area with no action or fish and head a little further downstream to my final spot.  I chose a area I have fished many times but that didn't help with the fact I got no fish here either.  I call it a day and head home.  Good day!


Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line: Streamside Leaders Wind Cutter 12'
Flies that worked:  Amy's Ant, Zug Bug

Comments

Popular Posts