Cache La Poudre River

Headed up to the Cache La Poudre River with Mark for the day.  This was the first time I have fished with someone in a month.  The weather was cloudy and windy but thankfully not cold.  The flows were around 100cfs making the water low and clear.  We fish two areas over the course of about 4 hours but have entirely different experiences at each.  The first spot gives up 2 to Mark and none to me, while the second area gives up 14 to me and 8 to Mark.  A slow start but a strong finish made for a pretty good day.  Nice to fish a different Creek for a change.





Rod:  Tenkara USA Iwana 12'
Line:  Streamside Leaders Nano Dragon 11'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. Hi Kevin, you seem to like the Nano Dragon line by Streamside. Do you prefer it over regular furled line because it floats w/o having to apply floatant paste or are there other advantages? Also, do you fish the standard, light, or ultralight nano line?

    Thanks,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried many lines and the one I like the best is the Nano Dragon standard. It casts better than anything else I have tried and overall just love the feel of it. I dry fly fish 99% of the time and even though this line sinks sometimes I don't care about that. For me it's all about the cast!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I might give it a try. I use a floating line for warmwater lake fishing here in Missouri. And level line for most trout streams unless extremely windy (then a furled line). I prefer a heavier size 4 level line, which I customize to include a loop for a girth hitch connection and tippet ring on the other end. But I'm always looking to experiment with other lines.

      Delete
  2. P.S.- do you use the standard taper Nano Dragon line or the weight forward?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts