Day 38


Went back up to Bear Creek now that the flows are back down and the water is clear.  I started just above the bridge and worked my way upstream to the straight flat area of water.  I see a little pool just downstream of a couple of rocks on the near edge of the creek and cast a Winged Ant and get a bite from what turns out to be a 12" brown for my first fish of the day.  The new rod bent petty good but still had no trouble landing the fish and never felt like it was going to break.  I fish some more trying a few different patterns but ran out of floatant and could not keep the flies on the surface.  I catch one more fish and have two more hooked but not landed and a few nibbles before I call it a day after about three hours of fishing.

Rod:  Matsugo 5:5 9ft
Line:  Traditional Tenkara line 10.5 ft
Fly that worked:  Winged Ant

Comments

Popular Posts