Day 42

Went back to Goose Creek to do a little fishing and camping for two days.  Started fishing upstream as far as you can go and had some tough luck to start.  I switched flies out a number of times and finally caught a fish out of persistence.  Move downstream and with a different kind of luck, I lasso, yes lasso a fish when it came up for the fly and missed, I yanked and the fly wrapped around it's body and hooked the line on the other side tight enough it could not squirm loose.  I finally find a hole and a fly, the black ant, that works and land 7 or 8 fish in about 30 minutes before I take a break and head further downstream.  I catch a couple more before calling it quits and heading back to camp.  Had a good but fairly tough day fishing.



Rod:  Matsugo 9'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Flies that worked:  Black Ant, Flying Ant

Comments

Popular Posts