Day 56


Clear Creek was the choice of the day and the weather was nice except for the wind was blowing pretty good for most of the day.  I started where Derron and I usually fish and pulled out three in about 3 hours and decided to try a different spot.  I drove back down canyon and tried a new pullout for a hour or so.  This area had a little island with just a few pools that looked good to fish.  I end up pulling two out of this area before I decide to drive to another spot down canyon.  It's about 5:15pm by now and the wind finally calmed down and the new pullout has a number of pools to fish.  I fish for about an hour catching four more and having a fifth break the line off and take my fly before it gets dark and I call it a day.


Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Flies that worked:  Winged Ant, black ant, elk hair caddis, PMD

Comments

Popular Posts