Day 58

Decided to try a new area again and headed up to South Boulder Creek just below Gross Reservoir with Derron for the afternoon.  We walked downstream for about 10 minutes and worked our way back upstream throughout the day.  Derron caught the first fish of the day and ended up with seven for the day catching the other six in one little area over about an hour when a couple of stonefly hatches went off.  For myself I caught a couple early on but when the hatches went off all I managed to get was one small one and two more hooked but not landed.  We move upstream a little and I fish a couple of holes behind some rocks.  I end up catching two more 10" rainbows before we call it a day and head home.  Overall good day on what turned out to be a great spot to fish.



Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Traditional Tenkara 10 1/2'
Flies that worked:  BWO, PMD, Elk Hair Caddis (would have been nice to have a stonefly)

Comments

Popular Posts