Quick outing on Clear Creek

Headed up to Clear Creek to do a little fishing for the day.  I had a nice sunny day in the 50's but the wind was more than expected.  I checked the report before I left and it said the winds would be at 12mph and decreasing, but when I got to the creek the winds were blowing closer to the 20mph mark.  I figure since I drove up I would give it a go.

I tie on a hopper/dropper setup and start casting to a near side pool.  The wind would not let me cast upstream and I had to leave the whole of the line in the water to keep it from blowing away.  After 10 minutes of trying to cast with no success I try something different.  I walk upstream of the hole and try a little dapping on the edge downstream.  I finally get a good drift and hook a little brown on the zug bug coming from under a ice shelf.  I continue working the water over the next half hour or so, but it was just to windy to cast, so I decided to call it a day and head home.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Fly that Worked:  Zug Bug

Comments

Popular Posts