Windy day on Clear Creek

Got to the creek today around 10am only to find the wind gusting down the canyon.  I pick a spot just up from tunnel 1 to start the day mainly because it was in the sun.  With the same setup as the day before(stimi to a le bug) I start casting to the edges and slack water.  With the high winds the casting is tough and trying to get a good drift even tougher.  I fish a section of about 50 yds with no luck and getting my line stuck in the willows a few times before calling it at this spot.

I head back to tunnel 1 hoping the bend will knock some of the wind down and make it easier to cast.  That hope died quickly as the wind was still blowing hard and making fishing difficult.  That being said, I work the areas I know hold fish and  start catching a fish here and there when I am able to get a good cast in.  I fish for about 3 hours catching a dozen or so fish but then the bite turns off.  After about a half hour or so of no action I decide to call it a early day and head back home.

Tough day of fishing, but still a good day!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Flies that worked:  Purple Stimi, Purple Le Bug

Comments

Popular Posts