One fish day on South Boulder Creek

Headed out to South Boulder Creek with Daniel on another beautiful Colorado day.  We head down to the creek knowing the flows had risen from 180cfs to 210cfs a day ago and hoped there would not be another spike in flows.  When I got home later I found out they spiked the flows again and brought it up to 240cfs. 

The day ended up being really slow for the both of us despite Daniel throwing nymphs and me trying dries.  The only fish of the day was a really nice size Rainbow caught on a size 16 BWO.  I saw three fish feeding and started casting over them with a BWO(size 16) followed by a Midge or some other tiny dry fly.  I end up switching out the small fly a few times before I finally get the Rainbow to take the larger BWO which had been left on the whole time.  Goofy!
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Riggs Floating Line 12'
Fly that Worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts