Bear Creek Afternoon

Got out to do some afternoon fishing on Bear Creek after looking at the flows and seeing them decrease for a week.  The day was a little stormy but stayed mostly rain free for the day.  The little rain storm actually helped clear some people out and freed up a lot of water. 
I start the day nymphing and am getting a few bites on the black beauty but all the fish are wiggling free before I can get them in.  I fish for a couple hours like this until I see a fish feed on the surface, and I switch over to dries.

I tie on a bwo and start casting to some fish I see feeding.  I get a couple bites but same as before, they shake loose.  I work myself upstream and finally manage to land a tiny little brown behind a log.  I keep working my way upstream and come to a nice little run below some riffles.  Over the next half hour I manage to catch a half dozen more browns all on the bwo at this area.  I continue working upstream and get a couple more bites that get off and one more little brown in before calling it a day around 5:30pm.

Pretty good day overall on the water and glad to see Bear Creek still fishing good after the flood last fall.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies that Worked:  BWO, Black Beauty,

Comments

Popular Posts