Couple hours before the Rain and Hail!

Got back out to Bear Creek for some late day fishing again.  Unlike yesterday the weather was a little different, with the thunderstorms starting up early.  As I drive up to the creek I pass through a rain storm hoping that maybe this will have cleared the people out.
I get to the creek and as hoped the crowds were thinned and the creek was much more open.  I start the day the same as the last, tying on a bwo dry fly and throwing to the edges.  My first stop is just down from the parking lot fishing a spot that is almost always packed with people, but today is open.  I land a fish near the bank on a dead drift and start working my way upstream.
As I work upstream I manage to catch a couple more on the edges before coming to a little plunge pool with a nice run out.  Twitching the fly across I land a couple more little browns while the weather looks to be closing in on me. 
Forgetting my rain jacket I decide to head back to the car as the rain starts up.  Still a good couple hours of fishing!  On the drive home I end up getting hailed on, good decision to leave when I did.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts