A few hours on Clear Creek

Got to the creek around 3pm for an afternoon of fishing and relaxation.  I decided to try the same areas I fished the last time hoping my luck would be the same.  I start the day tying on a Amy's Ant after scaring a bunch of hoppers out as I walked to the creek.  I try two or three spots with this fly with no action before I tie on a Parachute Adams( the pattern that worked last time).  With the new fly the action picks up and I start landing some fish.  I fish the lower area for about an hour and catch four fish before heading to the next stop.  This area was all edges but ended up catching half a dozen fish, including a rainbow before picking up and moving a little further upstream to finish off the day.  The last spot looked fishy enough but sadly would not give up a fish, so around 6:30pm I call it a day and head home.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Parachute Adams

Comments

Popular Posts