Ten Mile Creek to Clear Creek

Headed back home from the mountains today and decided to fish Ten Mile Creek to start the day off.  I try a new spot and start working my way upstream through some very fishy looking spots.  Much to my amazement I get no action or fish over the next hour so I decide to head back to the car and try a different spot.  I drive a little further downstream and find a nice section to fish.  After plenty of effort and walking I finally get a couple fish in but decide to call it a day on Ten Mile Creek and get some lunch.
After lunch I head home but decide to stop and fish Clear Creek above Idaho Springs to finish the day off.  I try a new spot that has a series of plunge pools and work my way upstream.  Using an olive para-hopper I end up catching over a dozen fish before calling it quits and heading home.  Another great day in the mountains!

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Olive Para-Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts