Windy day in the Canyon

Headed back to Eleven Mile Canyon with Mark for the day, after we had such a good time last week.  The sun was out but the wind was a constant battle all day.  The flows were still around 65cfs and the water was crystal clear. 

We start the day up at a higher spot that looks to have plenty of good water in a narrower part of the canyon.  As it turns out, the water was to deep to use dry fly's. We spent a hour or so fishing this area before we call it and move down to Mark's favorite spot.
Arriving at Mark's spot I tell him I want to try the lower section this time and he can head up.  Before I can make a cast Mark has already caught a fish.  I end up walking down a little ways so I can fish upstream, but catch all five of my fish within 20 yards of each other.  I did manage to catch a couple of 14" browns that put up a good fight. 
We finish the day at a different spot where once again I don't get anything  and Mark only catches a couple despite all the good looking water.  Mark finishes the day with eight fish while I only manage five, but still had a great day in the canyon.
Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  Extended Body BWO

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the post, Kevin. Beautiful area......Sometimes the fish get the edge on a day of quality time in a beautiful area. Nice Browns!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts