A day in the mountains

Headed up to Rocky Mountain N.P. for the day to see how the early season fishing was.  I decided to start the day at the Wild Basin section of the park and fish the North St. Vrain Creek.  I fished the lower section but did not even get a sniff of a fish, so I decided to head over to Moraine Park .
I get to Moraine Park and fish Cub Creek down low and work my way upstream.  I finally manage to get into some fish and pull out five little browns on a Amy's Ant.  After working my way up quite a ways I decide to head back to the car and try the Big Thompson River below the dam.
I fish a spot I have fished a few times before and caught fish, but sadly none were to be had today.  I did have a couple move for it and one take it, but none ended up being hooked.  I finish off the day taking some photos and call it.  Pretty good day in the mountains.
Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

  1. This was my last trip last year. What a blessing to be able to fish in a place like the park. Beautiful photos Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Howard! So many places to fish in the park and I have just touched 6 different spots to date.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts