North St Vrain and Glacier Creek

Headed up to Rocky Mountain N.P. for the day with Mark to try our luck on a couple different stretches of water.  We start the day on the North St. Vrain in the wild basin area.  We start at our normal spot but are not having much luck when we discover the three fisherman ahead of us.  We pick up and drive upstream past the bridge and start fishing our way up.  Still tough fishing but at least we are getting some action.  Mark ends up with 8 while I manage 7 before we call it here and drive over to Glacier Creek. 
We get to Glacier Creek and split up, Mark going downstream and me upstream.  I catch a nice brown almost instantly and work my way upstream.  One again I have tons of good water but the fishing is tougher than I would hope.  I fish for a little over an hour and pull in four before heading back to find Mark.   Mark gets another four and we decide to call it as the rain starts to come down. 
Good to get out into the park for the day but wish the fishing would have been a little better. 

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  Amy's Ant

Comments

Popular Posts