South Fork White River day 2


Got up to this morning only to find it cloudy and rainy for day 2 on the South Fork.  I was planning on walking upstream a ways for the day but put on the waders to keep dry and decided I did not want to walk along ways in the rain in waders.  New plan was to fish a little section below where I fished the day before and work my way upstream.

It takes a bit before I get a my first fish and the tough fishing continues the rest of the day along with the rain.  I had plenty of great water but the fish just were not feeding on the surface for whatever reason.  It could have been the rain or colder weather or maybe just the wrong pattern.  I end up catching 6 fish consisting of a cutthroat, rainbow, cuttbow, 2 brookies and a white fish over the coarse of eight hours.  One of the tougher days of fishing I have been through lately.

I was going to fish another day but woke up to the same weather the next day and decided to head home.  Great looking water, but a busy area and tough fishing.  Really a pretty canyon to fish though and will have to try this another time.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that Worked:  Amy's Ant
Date Actually fished:  8-

Comments

Popular Posts