Day 23


Spent the day at Bear Creek again arriving around 2:00pm and staying until 8:15 pm on a cloudy but hot day.  I start the day at the first little pool and after a half dozen casts I land a hand sized brown on a PMD to start the day off right.  I move on to the spot we normally fish and switch to a elk hair caddis and land a 9" brown after quite a few casts to a number of different spots where I could see fish feeding.  Next I change to a mahogany dun and catch two more brown's at 10" and 7" over the next hour or so.  I try a few bigger flies like beetles and grasshoppers but only get a couple of sniffs and no bites.  To finish off the day I put a PMD back on and catch one more 8" brown at the original spot to make five for the day.  Towards the end of the day I did get to see two deer crossing the creek just upstream to complete a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts