Day 105

Today I fished downstream but not before I hit the pools below camp.  I tie on a parachute adams to begin the day and manage to pull a couple fish out before I start downstream.  As I work my way down I pass through a big meadow where the river breaks into multiple streams before meeting back up at the bottom of the meadow.  I try the main stream and manage to land a little brookie in one of the pools before I reach the bottom of the meadow.





With the river merged back together I continue my way down and switching up patterns constantly.  I just could not find the right pattern to consistently get action.  Over the coarse of the day I end up catching around ten fish on a number of different patterns, no one better than the next.

I call it a day around 6:00pm and head back to camp.  On a side note for the trip, I am just sitting around camp listening to music with my earphones in when a moose walks up beside me.  It does not see me and I don't see him, when I turn and look to the side and we scare the shit out of each other.  It takes off down the hill, across the river, and keeps running down the valley, while I try to gather myself.  This was a big moose not fifteen feet from me!  Another great day in the mountains!

Rod:  Wakata 9' 6/4
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Flies that worked:  Parachute Adams, Ant, Beetle, Blue Parachute Adams, Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts