Day 109

Went camping with my buddy Daniel and his son in the Flat Tops Wilderness and had a day to fish the South Fork of the White River by myself.  I started pretty high up fishing in an open meadow where the river was lined by willow trees.  It had been raining for a couple of hours when I got to the river and when the rain broke I got out to do some fishing.

I walk up to the river through a gap in the willows and spot a nice little pool right in front of me.  I decide to cast to it before I get in the water and start wading.  First good decision of the trip and I land a nice 12" Brookie on my first cast with a self tied purple parachute adams.  I continue wading upstream hitting the pocket water along the way with pretty good results.  I can't find one pattern that works but manage to catch twelve fish on four or five patterns of caddis.

After two and half hours of fishing the rains came back and I called it a day.  Had the entire river to myself and had good sized brookies biting but couldn't get the rains to stop.  Got to make it back here soon!

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12' #4
Flies that worked:  Crippled Adams, Parachute Adams(purple,fire orange,blue), Red Quill

Comments

Popular Posts