Day 116

Today spot I drove upstream trying a couple of new areas on the Arkansas River.  I stopped at Crystal Lakes pullout and tried my luck for about a half hour.  I manage to pull in a brown and a rainbow( I think, but it was mostly gold colored and had no red mark down the body) before I move on further upstream.  The next spot I try is at the pullout beofre the town of Granite.  This ends up being a very poor area to fish and don't see any action here.
I decide to drive to Halfmoon Creek to finish the day off with what I hope is a little more action.  I start fishing in the same area as before and am on a fish in no time.  I use a few different patterns as no one seemed to bring consistent action.  I do manage to catch a dozen fish in a couple hours and finish by catching a nice sized brown and brookie in the last big pool I try.

With the wind picking up and the temperature dropping I call it day and head home after three pretty good days of fishing.

Rod:  Iwana 12'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 12' #4
Flies that Worked:  Parachute Adams, Tan Para-Hopper

Comments

Popular Posts