Another day on Bear Creek

Back for another go at Bear Creek on another beautiful day.  I get to the stream around noon and start at the normal spot again.  As I come up to the first run I can't see any fish rising but I know there are fish.  I cast a few times before I finally hook up and land my first little brown.  I keep casting and land two more before moving to the next pool upstream.



I cast just below the waterfall and get a good drift but no action. I cast a few more times with the same luck before moving to the next little pool behind a log.  I can see fish in the pool moving around and know if I can get a good presentation I will catch one.  First few attempts get me nothing but a lesson on how not to cast.  Then I finally get a good cast and have another little brown on the line.

I move further upstream skipping around the other anglers with no luck for the next hour or so before calling it quits and heading back to the car. A good day on the water but a little crowded for my taste.

Rod:  Motsugo 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked: BWO

Comments

Popular Posts