Left Hand Creek for the first time

Went up to Left Hand Creek today to try out some new water.  I started at Buckingham Park and worked my way upstream.  The day was mostly sunny but the wind was a little more than expected. I came across a  fellow tenkara angler who said he had no luck along with another angler who said the same.  I tie on a crippled adams and hit the creek.



I fish a few holes with no luck before I finally get a little brown to take the fly and land my first fish.  I continue upstream fishing a number of holes but only manage to spook a couple out of their hole.  As it gets steeper I decide to walk back downstream and fish just below the parking lot.  After a couple holes with no luck I finally hit a pool and get bite.  Another little brown hit it after a little twitch at just the right spot.  Next I see a little slack water with a undercut just above me and give a few casts along the edge.  I can't get close enough to the edge to get any action on the first few casts but finally get a drift right down the edge and under the undercut.  As soon as it goes by the undercut a little brown comes up and crushes the fly and I have landed my third fish of the day.

The wind picked up and I decided to call it a day after a few hours of fishing.  The creek was small with lots of overhang but still had a nice day in the foothills.

Rod:  Motsugo 9'
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked:  Crippled Adams

Comments

Popular Posts