Another great day on Bear Creek

Had such a good day yesterday that I decided to try it again.  I get to the creek around 11:30am and start at the same spot as yesterday.  I take off the black beauty and just throw the crippled adams.  With the skies overcast and the weather warm the bugs are hatching and the fishing are feeding on the surface.  Not to long after starting I have my first fish of the day followed buy five more of his friends. 

Next pool up I catch two more browns before moving upstream a little.  I find a pool between some logs and fool a good size rainbow into taking the fly.  I continue my way upstream and once again find a little pool by a log and cast out.  I see two fish feeding and finally get one to take the fly.  I take a ten minute break and then get back to the same area and as luck would have it I catch the other one. 

I decide to try the spot below the bridge and manage to catch three more including a nice 12" brown that I couldn't manage to catch the day before.  I move back to where I started and catch a couple more before calling it a early day and head back to the car.  Another great day of fishing!

Rod:  Motsugo 9' 5/5
Line:  Hi-Vis Level Line 10' #3
Fly that worked:  Crippled Adams

Comments

Popular Posts