Late afternoon on Halfmoon Creek

Headed up to Halfmoon Creek for the first time this year to do a little camping and fishing.  I get to the creek and set up camp before I put on the waders and head to the water around 4pm.  I decide to work my way upstream hitting every pocket and run along the way before working my way back to camp.
I tie on a green Amy's Ant and start working my way through the holes.  Second hole and I land my first fish of the day, a little brookie to start the day off right.  I continue working upstream getting a fish at almost every spot I try and have landed a brown and a rainbow to get three of the four types of trout in the river.

I start working my way back downstream hoping to land a cutthroat to finish off the grand slam.  I work back down to find a nice little pool on the side of the river to finish off the day.  I change flies to a Green Drake and start casting through the pool. First cast and I get a little brookie to bite and land that one plus another five before I call it a day and walk back to camp.

Great first day back on Halfmoon Creek with probably 20 plus fish in hand and not another angler in sight.

Rod:  Iwana 12' 6/4
Line:  Furled 12'
Flies that Worked:  Amy's Ant, Green Drake

Comments

Popular Posts