Late day fishing on Bear Creek

Headed out to Bear Creek again for some late day fishing hoping the dry fly action would produce some fish.  I get to the creek around 4pm and start just below the parking lot and work my way upstream over the next few hours.


I try a couple spots close to the bank and manage to get a little brown right off the bat. As I work my way upstream I stick close to the banks and big pools.  This was the first time I tried to fish upstream of the parking lot since the floods but ended up having a pretty good day.  I only manage to make it to the first bridge by the end of the day but had plenty of action in the spots I fished.

Pretty good day on the water and with no one jumping in on me finished off the day catching one more little brown on a bwo.

Rod:  Wakata 9' 5/5
Line:  Furled 12'
Fly that worked:  BWO

Comments

Popular Posts